Coffee Sack Cushion

Labels:


I was lucky enough to have some lovely coffee sacks gifted to me by a friend, they sat around not doing much for a good few month while I thought about what to use them for. Then one day it hit me..... cushions!

These cushions are soooo easy peasy to make, even my terrible sewing skills turned out looking good so there's hope for everyone!

I'll take you through it step by step (although holding hands wont be possible!)....

First make sure you wash and dry your sack in the machine. Mine was smelling pretty strongly of coffee so I added plenty of fabric softener to freshen it up!

Next turn the sack inside out and mark out the shape of your cushion leaving about 1-2cm to allow for the seam. I started from the corner of the sack so I would only have two edges to sew up.


Then you're ready to sew! I used an overlock stitch to make sure it wouldn't come undone. Sew around both sides leaving a small gap to stuff your cushion into.


Then chop off the excess, turn the whole thing inside out and stuff your pillow in, it should really be taking shape now!


All that's left to do now is sew up the gap and taadaa! You've done it!


Bubba the cat thinks it looks really good!




No comments: